Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I amble down a mountain path,
While dusk is drawing near.
I need to see the lovely site,
I know will soon appear.
I’ve waited for this special time,
Excitement builds in me.
I hope to see those lights of God,
Because of love I'll see.
There in the midst of soft, still air,
While sweetly, twilight falls,
The sounds of night rise from the trees
My spirit, nature calls.
At last the sunlight disappears,
Then fireflies appear.
They glitter like the stars at night,
With lights so crystal clear.
And then the magic does begin,
With thousands in accord.
Together with their magic lights,
They use that light they've stored.
The male has the brighter lamp,
The lady's light is weak.
Yet all their lights do synchronize,
To bring the courtships peak.
Yes, in this special place of God,
These courtships blend their light.
While proper mates are found for each,
I'm blessed to see this sight.

No comments: